Note by Marc Aupiais
In the past it has been claimed there is a need to harvest stem cells from abortions to compare with adult stem cells moved back. Embryonic stem cells often cause cancer, adult stem cells (not from aborted human beings) were seen as the safest. If it is confirmed, a new method which involves straight transfer from stem cells to needed cells may do away with that so-called not really need altogether:
"Canadian scientists have turned human skin cells directly into blood cells, the first time one kind of mature human cell has been converted into another, according to a study published last week in the journal Nature.
The transformation was completed without first rewinding the skin cells into the flexible pluripotent stem cells that have most frequently been used to grow tissues. By skipping the pluripotent step, the researchers believe they have skirted the risk that the replacement cells might form dangerous tumours.
The team created blood progenitor cells - mother cells that multiply to produce other blood cells - as well as mature blood cells, according to the report. Both types of cells could be useful in medical treatments, said study leader Mick Bhatia, a stem cell scientist at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario."
Popular Posts- All Time Highs
- Marriages by those baptised in the Catholic church: if performed outside the church- will now be INVALID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOTE ON CELIBACY FOR ANGLICANS ENTERING CATHOLIC CHURCH
VATICAN CITY, 31 OCT 2009 (VIS) - Holy See Press Office
- Latin Mass Schedules in November, December- quotation is not an endorsement
- Will lax, incompetent, dissident bishop head Pope's new body designed to re-Christianise the West?
- Addition to our important message
- Latin mass in Port Elizabeth: a success: our contact
- Cathedral of Christ the King,Central Johannesburg, South Africa: Latin Mass to continue at Cathedral
- SSPX return rumours addressed by Vatican
- Opus Dei, a sanctuary
- BBC Reports on the Papacy's strongest yet condemnation of Holocaust denial: "revoke: or never be readministered to ministery" (Paraphrase): Pope to Williamson
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Note by Marc Aupiais
November 16, 2010 -
With an election without precedent Timothy Dolan has become the new president of the Bishops' Conference of the United States.
For the first time was not elected vice president, in this case Bishop Gerald F. Kicanas of Tucson in Arizona, but his main "opponent", Archbishop Timothy Dolan of New York."
(automatic translation from Italian.
"Unprecedented November 16, 2010 - With an election without precedent Timothy Dolan has become the new president of the Bishops' Conference of the United States. For the first time was not elected vice president, in this case Bishop Gerald F. Kicanas of Tucson in Arizona, but his main "opponent", Archbishop Timothy Dolan of New York."
- Palazzo Apostolico - Diario Vaticano Paul Rodari »Blog Archive» Unprecedented (view on Google Sidewiki)
South African Catholic
Search the Vatican online, in an effective and powerful new way!
Section: Copyright Marc Aupiais. All Rights Strictly Reserved!